Saturday, January 1, 2011

estrela as shader editor

Recently doing more work with Lua and Cg/GLSL again, hence added a couple features to estrela editor.

Lua wise I had added some experimental type-guessing mostly meant to aid auto-completion for luxinia classes. Also the lua-apis that get loaded can now be specified by interpreter, so that no luxinia functions get suggested when you are using a "normal" lua interpreter. Getting useful auto-completion and api help is still a big task so. Especially getting user created functions/classes in somehow would be great. Maybe a static tool that generates files from a lua project or so.

Most problems with "dynamic" text analysis was that when the user edits old stuff, you have to also somehow check whether keywords were changed, added, removed... hence I kinda avoid that complexity yet. I'd rather prefer a static solution that the user triggers, that way it's hopefully simpler and more robust.

Another focus lately was the Cg tool. I've added support for nvShaderPerf and an ARB/NV program beautifier (indenting branches/flow, and inserting comments as to which constants map to what variable). That makes it a bit easier to see what stuff triggers branching and so on.
I've also added automatic setting of GLSL input flag for cgc and some automatic defines such as "_VERTEX_"... so that one can use #ifdef _VERTEX_ and still have all GLSL shader code in one file. A GLSL spec and api description is now also part of estrela. I took the nice opengl 4.1 quick reference card as base. So much for now.

Still haven't found time to push the open-sourcing of luxinia further and add GLSL shader management (but will require ARB_separate_shader) to it for PhD work. But anyway new year now ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment